There are many startups of different kinds in different fields. here are 5 startups which began very slowly and are now brands. most of it is internet based but very much useful for any other business.
- Shopify: Shopify is an incredible platform for e-commerce websites. It allows us to create an online store of every kind you wish. This company is based in Canada when Its founders were starting an e-commerce site for snowboarders and looking for a shopping cart solution, they didn’t find the one and started making their own from scratch. It is now a perfect solution for millions of businesses.
- Shutterstock: This is an American company based at New York for photography, music and editing tools. Its founder Jon Oringer was a programmer and a photographer. He started this company in 2003 to sell his own photos. Today it has more than 200 million free stock photos.
- SurveyMonkey: SurveyMonkey is an online survey company. It was founded in 1999 by Ryan and Chris Finley. It provides a free online survey as a service. This company has a freemium business model.
- Atlassian: Atlassian is an Australian software company. It is in the business of enterprise software development. It’s two most widely used products are Jira, which is used for issue tracking and Confluence for team collaboration.
- MailChimp: MailChimp is an email marketing automation service company based at Atlanta US. It’s Co-founder Ben Chestnut was running a design consulting business and had many customers who wanted email newsletters created. Thus the fast and most innovative company Mailchimp was born. Initially started as paid service it now has freemium options as well.